Disability Justice App Design
Disability Justice is the Social Security disability arm of Philadelphia law firm, Pond Lehocky Stern Giordano. The firm focuses its efforts on helping its clients apply for and receive Social Security benefits. For years the primary lead intake process involved a costly and time-consuming phone call to gather the required information from each and every client.
Pond Lehocky contracted I’m From The Future (IFTF) to design and build a new web application to replace the phone intake process.
The final web application streamlines the original phone intake process and allows users to fill out the complete self-service intake process from their smartphone or desktop, at their own pace, without needing to speak with a customer support agent.
As the project lead, I was primarily responsible for the following tasks:
- Interviewing stakeholders to identify requirements.
- Converting the phone user flow to the online application format.
- Conducting design research to identify best practices for the user experience.
- Designing the initial grayscale wireframes and the final high-fidelity production ready mockups.
- Creating an interactive prototype for usability testing.
- Coordinating with the development team to create the application.
- Presenting the final product to the Pond Lehocky leadership team.